The Journey started in 1999!
Elizabeth began her journey as a dyslexia tutor back in 1999, in 2007 she set up her own dyslexia consultancy – The Dyslexic Dyslexia Consultant and has had the privilege of working with and creating bespoke training sessions and programmes for individuals and staff within a variety of organisations here are just some of the highlights of her work:
- Trained 2000+ professionals, in various businesses, schools, colleges and universities,
- Provided support & guidance to 2200+ individuals
- Worked with hundreds of local dyslexics and non dyslexics too
- Coaching internationally via online contact
- Guest Lectured at Bath Spa University on the SpLD Masters Programme (this one is one of her personal best!)
- Been a Visiting Lecturer for both Telford and Shrewsbury Colleges
- Mentors New Teachers, and New Specialist Teachers & Tutors
- Works with large organisations including DACE RAF Cosford, Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service
- Consults on dyslexia films, books, projects and events
- Asked by OCN to consult and rewrite the Dyslexia Awareness Level 2 & 3 courses
- Proofreading for authors
- Worked with and supported hundreds of individuals to move on and up the career ladder and follow their dreams
- In 2008 she founded Dyslexia information Day
- In 2015 she Founded Dyslexia Awards
With over two decades of experience Elizabeth has worked primarily with adults, young adults, employers, the self employed & educational establishments, parents & families, professionals & businesses, individuals & groups to get the best out of themselves and make a positive and long lasting difference – and she has enjoyed every moment!
The Dyslexic Dyslexia Consultant Established 31st January 2007
On Facebook & Twitter @EliTheDDC
Working with Adults
- Specialist Dyslexia Teaching including OCN Dyslexia Awareness level II & III
- 1:1 Dyslexia Support
- 1:1 Dyslexia Coaching
- Strategy skills
- Study Skills
1:1 is always tailored to meet the needs of the individual.
- Qualified Read & Write and Read & Write Gold Trainer
- Dyslexia Adult Screening Tests (DAST)
- Dyslexia Awareness Training for business and educaiton
- Dyslexia Awareness Courses for parents
Working with Educators
Education is important and as the saying goes, ‘Knowledge is power’, so it is really important that educators are given the knowledge they need in order to teach dyslexics effectively.
The good news is that most techniques used for teaching dyslexics actually benefit most learners! So training for staff on dyslexia and other Specific Learning Difficulties will actually have a positive impact across your whole organisation.
Training should always be tailored to meet the needs of your organisation and staff!
Working with Employers
2007 – 2018
- Specialist Dyslexia & SpLD Consultation
- Advice & guidance
- 1:1 Specialist Support & coaching
- Dyslexia & SpLD Awareness staff training
- Equality & Diversity
- Human Resources
The best way to find out how The Dyslexic Dyslexia Consultant can help you is to make contact. You can email or phone to arrange a consultation, we look forward to hearing from you.